PT United Tractors Pandu Engineering in Indonesia is the largest heavy equipment engineering and manufacturing company for the energy logistics business.
As the number of products produced continues to grow, the company started using the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to improve existing internal processes such as digitizing the design process, eliminating data duplication and ensuring employees work with the latest version of the truth.
For more than 37 years, PT United Tractors Pandu Engineering (UTPE), a subsidiary of the PT United Tractors TBK Group in Indonesia, has supplied critical equipment required by the energy logistics sector.
Annas F. Habibie, design engineering department head at UTPE said:
Technology plays a key role in our company’s development, helping us to handle the many custom product design requests from our customers in a very short timeframe.
"We realized that we can only achieve this by using reliable design tools.“
UTPE turned to its Indonesian technology partner and Dassault Systèmes software reseller PT Citrathirza Anugerahjaya (PT Citra) to propose a solution centered around the following drivers:
- Speed up product design to build more custom products
- Improve data management to better handle the growing number of product variants and components being manufactured
- Synchronize CAD-based part number data with actual data in the company’s SAP enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- Minimize the delivery of information errors that occur during the design phase to the production stage
- Better serve the demands of the marketing department.